Minutes of the meeting of Sedgehill & Semley Parish Council held at Semley Village Hall, on Monday 8th January 2017 commencing 7.30pm.
077/1/18 Public Participation and Presentations: (Questions and/or statements)
This is an opportunity for residents of Sedgehill & Semley Parish to speak, for a maximum of 3 minutes, on any agenda item or other matter of interest.
078/1/18 Present: Cllr. L Stopford (Chair of meeting), Cllr. A Ebbens, Cllr. R Moors, Cllr. A Bowerman, Cllr. J Mackaness, Cllr. L Rose, Cllr. R Conlon, Bev Ford (Parish Clerk) and 3 no. members of Public.
079/1/18 Apologies: Received from Cllr. L Oatts.
- declarations of disclosable pecuniary and non-pecuniary interests already declared in the Register of Interes None
- declarations of disclosable pecuniary and non-pecuniary interests not previously declared in the Register of Interest Cllr. A Ebbens – planning application 17/11760/Ful.
081/1/18 Co-Option: No applicants – item for next agenda.
082/1/18 Adopt Minutes of Meetings:
Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on 6th November 2017 were adopted and
signed as a true record. Proposed by Cllr. A Ebbens and seconded by Cllr. R Moors
(unanimous). Minutes of the Planning meeting held on 5th
December 2017 were adopted and signed as a true record. Proposed by Cllr. L Stopford and seconded by Cllr. L Rose.
New Applications for comments by Parish Council
17/11672/Ful Corner Farm, Sedgehill. SP7 9JR
Extension and refurbishment of existing farmhouse.
Proposed by Cllr. R Moors, no objections subject to final Bat Survey,
seconded by Cllr. A Ebbens (Unanimous).
17/11943/Ful Glebe Barns, Semley. SP7 9AP
Proposed new first floor extension, completion of annexe conversion and
replacement of existing storage sheds with ancillary space.
The chairman invited the neighbour to this application and his Town Planning
Consultant to explain their concerns. Following a lengthy debate taking into
consideration the concerns raised. The parish council strongly advised the
neighbour to contact the Planning Case Officer and Affinity Architects to
discuss their issues as these are beyond the remit of the Parish Council.
Proposed by Cllr. R Moors, no objections raised as to the design of this
application, seconded by Cllr. J Mackaness (unanimous).
17/11760/Ful The Old house, Station Road, Semley. SP7 9AN
Single storey porch extension and installation of roof lights over study.
Proposed by Cllr. R Moors, no objections raised, seconded by Cllr. J
Mackaness (6 in favour and 1 abstention).
Approved by Wiltshire Council
17/09956/Ful Peakes Farm, Sedgehill. SP7 9HQ WC approved 1/12/17
Proposed new garage building, swimming pool and pool building
17/10206/Ful Mushroom Cottage, Semley. SP7 WC approved 5/12/17
Single storey front extension.
17/10282/Ful Oysters Coppice Nature Reserve. SP7 9AZ WC “ 3/12/17
Ash tree – fell
17/09584/LBC K6 Telephone Kiosk, Semley WC approved 5/12/17
Convert to Poetry and Library
17/10523/Ful Hilcott House, Semley. SP7 9AW WC approved 11/12/17
Erection of general purpose agricultural barn.
17/11147/Ful The Manse, Semley Common. SP7 9AW WC “ 2/1/18
Demolish existing PCV conservatory and construct new single storey
- Matters for Consideration:
- Local Housing needs Survey – Confirmation by email to procced with survey. These will be available for circulation from 15/1/18.
Cllr. L Stopford and Cllr. R Conlon offered to deliver surveys to all dwellings in Sedgehill. Cllr. A Ebbens to Station Road/Kingsettle and Chaldicott Barns areas. Between Cllr. J Mackeness, Cllr. R Moors, Cllr. L Rose and Cllr. A Bowerman surveys will be delivered to the remaining areas. Many thanks to Cllr. L Oatts for the good article in the Parish Mag.
- CIL Funding £392.70 This new scheme enables a wider use of funds to be spent within the community, recently confirmed, funds could even be used towards drainage clearance to maintain the Highway. See item 9. Highways below – Ditch Clearance.
- Speed Indicator Device Following a lengthy discussion all agreed to put on hold the purchase of a SID whilst enquires are made regarding traffic calming possibilities at the junction near Church Farm, Semley. Action: Clerk to contact Julie Wharton WC Highways for advice.
Advertise for more volunteers to assist with the deployment of SIDs.
Community SID. Action: Clerk to enquire when equipment next in our Parish.
- Defibrillator Andrew Ebbens gave an update; electric available, equipment to be placed on right hand side of door to Milk Vending Machine Parlour; various checks required on a weekly, monthly, and annual basis (suggest sharing this with Cllrs. Roz Conlon and Liz Oatts under Health and Wellbeing); awaiting confirmation from a couple of suppliers regarding costs for long term maintenance checks and training.
- Publication of Wiltshire Council’s Brownfield Land Register emailed to all Cllrs. 21/12/17 along with responses from Mere Town Council and Kilmington Parish Council. All councillors were in support of these responses.
- Road Safety/Speeding Issues – Semley village Partly covered above c. Speed Indicator Device. It was suggested re-designing the junction at Church Farm, Semley by taking out the island and building out verge on Church Farm side of the road could help reduce traffic jumping this junction. Advised to be sought from Highways. Action:
- Wiltshire Councillor Report: Not present. Bridget Wayman’s email emphasised responding to the Policing Precept 2018-19.
- Police/Community Safety Reports: Not present. PC Peter Tscherniawsky. January’s Community Policing newsletter circulated by email.
- Area Board Report: Liz Stopford. Nothing to report.
- Common Land Committee Report: Alan Bowerman. Pending, no meeting held yet.
- Health & Wellbeing Report: Liz Oatts/ Cllr. Roz Conlon. In process of organising a Dementia Friendly training session within our Parish. Date and location to be confirmed.
- Rights of Way Report: Andrew Ebbens. Very little to report on Rights of Way other than very boggy at present. Training with the NHS as a volunteer health walking guide for this area. Seeds4success very grateful for the donation and would like to promote the youth facilities at Mere for youngsters within our parish – transport available.
- Highways: Next Parish Steward visits: Wednesday 23rd January 2018, Tuesday 20th February 2018, Tuesday 20th March 2018 and Tuesday 17th April 2018. No visit in May 2018 due to verge grass cutting and weed control.
Numbers grips need clearing of mud build up; Calais Hill and all the side lanes, Brickkiln Cottage corner down to Billhay Bridge
Fly Tipping – Old caravan dumped on road side between Knipes Farm and Hatts Hill along with number rubbish. Action: Clerk to report and seek advice.
Ditch Clearance – numerous locations on Common Land requires attention, consideration needs to be given on assisting with this. Action: Item for next agenda.
- Income & Expenditure Report – as at 8th January 2018 (circulated with agenda) Proposed by Cllr. R Moors to approve as a true record, seconded by Cllr. A Ebbens (unanimous).
- Vote on Parish Precept 2018-2019 – revised draft (circulated with agenda). Proposed by Cllr. R Moors to request a precept of £9,000.00 from Wiltshire Council, seconded by Cllr. J Mackaness (unanimous).
- Policing Precept 2018-2019 – information circulated to all Cllrs by email 2/1/18
Cllrs wished to make no comment.
- Items for next Agenda: SID, Speeding Issue, Defibrillator,
- Meeting Dates 2018:
Annual Village Meeting: Monday 30th April 2018 Semley Village Hall 7.00pm
Parish Council Meeting Monday 5th March 2018 Sedgehill Village Hall
Monday 14th May 2018 Semley Village Hall
Monday 2nd July 2018 Sedgehill Village Hall
Monday 10th September 2018 Semley Village Hall
Monday 5th November 2018 Sedgehill Village Hall
Planning Meetings: Tuesday 6th February 2018
Tuesday 3rd April 2018
Tuesday 5th June 2018
Tuesday 7th August 2018
Tuesday 2nd October 2017
Tuesday 4th December 2017
All planning meetings are held at Restaurant Area, Benett Arms, Semley, at 9.30am
With no further business the Chairman closed the meeting at 9.35pm.